SMA Sunny Island 8.0H Inverter
SKU: # INV-SI8.0H
SMA SUNNY ISLAND 8.0H OFF-GRID INVERTERThe SMA Sunny Island 8.0H off-grid inverter is particularly robust and suitable for use in virtually any off grid situation such as the Australian outback, deserts, rainforests, islands or arctic conditions. Thanks to the sophisticated OptiUse operating concept, the SMA SI8.0H off-grid inverter is simple to understand – for planners, installers and operators. The intelligent OptiPower load and energy management system keeps the stand-alone grid safely on course, even in critical situations. With the SMA Sunny Island 8.0H, you can now design your plant flexibly.
- Extended operating temperature range thanks to OptiCool
- Can be used anywhere thanks to degree of environmental protection IP54
- Durable and reliable thanks to the interaction of tried and trusted technologies
- Easy installation, commissioning and everyday use
- Central configuration and operation of clusters using the Single Point of Operation function
- Clear and location-independent operation using the external Sunny Remote Control display
- The SMA SI8.0H off-grid inverter is scalable catering for system sizes from 3 to 300 kilowatts can be implemented
- Precise plant design
- Subsequent extension options
- Supports SMA multicluster technology
The SMA Sunny Island 8.0H off-grid inverter gives you absolute freedom and precision in plant design with 99 system constellations.
Each single system is suitable for powers from 3 to 8 kilowatts with each Sunny Island connected to the battery for the system. For example, it allows you to supply electricity to an isolated building, which cannot be connected to the power distribution grid.
The single-cluster system setup allows up to three Sunny Island units connected to the battery. You can combine both Sunny Island power classes as required, which allows you to achieve precision power levels. Off-grid inverter PV systems from 6 to 24 kilowatts can be assembled as required, with one or three phases. You can then operate the entire cluster using the Sunny Remote Control, which is connected to the master device. A simple, reliable and cost-effective solution for farms, remote communities, lodges or outback cattle stations which cannot access the power distribution grid.
The multicluster system facilitates plant sizes from 24 to 300 kilowatts. Each cluster can connect three devices of the same type to the battery. You can combine up to twelve of SMA clusters in one Multicluster Box. This fully pre-configured AC distribution board makes it much easier to assemble and expand large off-grid and hybrid solar PV systems. The combined SMA off-grid PV system guarantees a stable and powerful energy supply for hotels or industrial companies, as well as for entire islands and villages with a weak power distribution grid structure or none at all. If one device or cluster fails, the entire system does not deactivate automatically, allowing the electricity supply to be maintained.
- SMA Factory Warranty: Minimum 5 years
- Dimensions (W / H / D): 467 / 612 / 242 mm
- Weight (kg): 63
- Sunny Island 8.0H Inverter Efficiency: 95%
Further information about the SMA SI8.0H Inverter can be found by reading the SMA Hyrbrid Energy Solutions Brochure.
|Technical data||Sunny Island 8.0H|
|Rated input voltage / AC input voltage range||230 V / 172.5 V … 264.5 V|
|Rated input frequency / permitted input frequency range||50 Hz / 45…Hz … 65 Hz|
|Maximum AC input current||50 A|
|Maximum AC input power||11,500 W|
|Rated grid voltage / AC voltage range||230 V / 202 V ... 253 V|
|Battery DC input rated input voltage / DC voltage range||48 V / 41 V ... 63 V|
|Self-consumption without load / standby||26 W / 4 W|